All Outreach services are provided free of charge
- For the visually impaired, we have the Merlin Magnifier, a Zoomtext-enabled computer.
- For the hearing impaired, we have a sound-amplifying headphone/transmitter system for use during library programs.
- For the physically disabled, we have an Orbitouch Keyless Keyboard, a Listening Station (bring your own headphones and cassettes, or borrow our CDs), and a Kurzweil Scanner/Reader.
- Computer Tutoring
- Large Type Collection
- Kindles and Google Nexus tablets
- Tax Help
- AARP Smart Driver Program
- National Safety Council’s Defensive Driving Course
- National Point & Insurance Reduction Course
Talking Books Program
To assist low-vision and blind patrons in obtaining free Talking Books, the Half Hollow Hills Community Library works closely with the Andrew Heiskell Library of the New York Public Library. This longstanding program now provides easy-to-operate free digital players and tens of thousands of recordings, as well as Braille. Patrons place their orders via a toll-free number, and titles are delivered to their residences and returned to Heiskell via postage-free mail.
Half Hollow Hills Community Library cardholders may sign up for home delivery service. This service is designed for those with temporary or permanent conditions that prevent their coming to the library and is provided either by postpaid roundtrip mail or volunteer delivery and pickup. Borrow books, DVDs, CDs. Longer loan periods on most items, except those in high demand.
Outreach Application Form
Download and fill out this form to apply for Outreach services, then return it to the address listed.
Outreach Program Materials Preferences Checklist
Use this form to let us know what you’d like us to deliver.
Music & Memory Program
musicandmemory.org is the international foundation devoted to bringing music’s benefits to those suffering from memory loss and other cognitive and physical disabilities. As participants in the program, we offer iPods to our patrons for lifetime loan. Once you or a friend or relative have completed Music and Memory Playlist Questionnaire listing favorites, we load one of our iPods with a custom playlist. Open to all district residents.
Memory Care Collection: Books, DVDs, CDs, puzzles, games, and Pete the Repeat Parrot (helps ease Alzheimer’s patients’ feelings of loneliness) are available for loan.