The Half Hollow Hills Community Library is committed to the health and well-being of both our public and our staff. We are closely monitoring any and all communication and guidance from the Department of Health, the Center for Disease Control and the State related to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and taking some preparatory steps:
- We continue to follow best hygiene practices for workplaces – including regularly cleaning and disinfecting surfaces and equipment in both of our buildings, making hand sanitizer available for patrons and staff and encouraging frequent hand-washing.
- Toys and games are being regularly disinfected. We have removed all stuffed animals, foam-based toys and legos which are difficult to clean and sanitize.
- We have taken out of Circulation the MakerKits and Storytime-To-Go Backpacks until further notice.
- We encourage any concerned patrons and staff members to stay home if you are feeling ill or concerned about potential exposure.
- If you have materials due but can’t make it to the library, just call us and we will work with you.
At present, we are not making any modifications to our programming calendar. However, we will continue to monitor the situation carefully and will send out any updates regarding access to the library buildings and its resources accordingly using this website, our social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) or just call us.
For at-home library access, here is a list of some resources from our website using your library card.
Borrow eBooks and downloadable audiobooks from Libby
Stream music, movies and TV Shows from Hoopla
Stream movies from Kanopy
Access digital magazines from Flipster
Access online tutoring through Brainfuse
Access Research Databases
For authoritative information about the Coronavirus, bookmark these links.
And, remember to wash your hands!
Helen M. Crosson